Thursday, February 3, 2011

Whose Wedding is it Anyway???

In a white gown, eating chocolate cake. Good chocolate cake, but others are just playing with the sculpted pieces on the top of the cake that still hasn't been cut. "Why is this frosting inedeble?'" they ask, upset. "Why are you messing with the cake before the wedding and before pictures? Put all that back!" I screeched like a true bridezilla. My sister and random girl #1 come running to me trying to figure out why I have chocolate all over my beautiful wedding gown!

We rush to the bathroom and I make it all cold so that the chocolate will get hard and come right off. It seems to work though none of us know why. We decide while we're in the bathroom we'll curl our hair (or straighten it as the case may be for random girl #1). We begin to straighten it and discuss the bridesmaid dresses that they would be wearing. Also the fact that I would be in a white bridesmaid dress (guess it wasn't my wedding anymore.)

We moved out to the main area where my mom was setting up tables and realized that she needed help with food so I declared I would fry the chicken strips! I went into the kitchen and put on an apron (didn't want to ruin the dress again). My dad decided to run to the store and I asked him to get italian dressing crumbs to roll the chicken strips in before frying. I then began to peel the long strips of chicken. After peeling it all and setting the peelings aside (which seemed more like crab shell than anything), I began to cut the chicken into smaller, manageable pieces.

Searching for a frying pan, never finding one, the wedding has to continue and since it's my sister's wedding I must be there! Why am I frying the chicken? Why didn't we hire someone to do this? I freak out and run back to the auditorium. My sis has decided I should get out of my heels and just go barefoot or in flip flops. She doesn't like that my feet hurt - s thoughtful. But her dress is too short to wear flip flops. And all of the sudden she's wearing capris, not a dress.

And we are at the reception, crammed in a railroad car, crammed 8 to a table that should only hold four. So close to the guy next to me, I felt like we were making love when in fact we were just eating at the same time. And through the window I can see my brother and his wife, his bride. Yes, the bride has changed again! She is angry at us for something, what is it? She runs screaming towards us for some reason. What's wrong?

But alas she is now driving us down the road. Trying to get the post office, but it's been so long since she lived in this town that she keeps driving all the way to a bad section of town. We tell her to turn around, but it's too late! We all are told to get out of the car. They want to know which of us is a virgin. It's determined that my sister is and that her coworker that is with us might be since she got married just last night and they might not have done it yet. But my sister-in-law and I were not.

Waking up the biggest problem I had with the whole dream was why the chicken was in such long strips????

4 comments:

  1. That sounds almost as fun as the wedding I went to last summer where there were more guests than hotdogs. Or chairs. The long chicken strips gave me the creeps, although I do like the idea of being randomer #1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think you were, just younger and shorter. And I realize now that Random Girl #2 and #3 got cut from the dream retelling due to trying to shorten a really long dream....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm officially scared of weddings now...I believe I conquered my funeral issue but now weddings are on my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well good thing you probably won't have to go to another wedding for a while...

    ReplyDelete