In a cage, locked up, desperate to get out and rescue those around me hanging in their cages in the tree. We each have a knife, now to get the top unhooked and escape. But our captors are all around us, we have to elude them as we get out. Desperate for escape, I go for it.
7 new friend requests on facebook? How is that possible? But as I go to look I find that several of them are from people I'm already friends with. How is that possible? Did they delete me and then decide to be friends again? But then there are other weird requests, things they want me to do on facebook that don't make sense. That's okay, I'll turn around and play musical chairs with my kids. Three kids, one chair. Doesn't seem quite right but we'll play anyway. My son wins but I began to say the names of my younger brothers. He looks so much like them when they were that age. Nostalgia...
At church, but not the church here, a church I went to as a girl. And there are people, so many people. I whisper to a row of people that I put donuts on the back table and suddenly there is a rush. I go to see if the coffee pot is at least back there full and it is not, but it's at the front of the church. Just must make my way up front. But once I get there I realize there is no coffee. Oh well, get water cups, get water, whatever it takes. I manuver back through the crowd - such a big crowd, my donuts will never feed everyone. But suddenly there is more food, biscuits and gravy, more donuts from Safeway, other random food. But people are being piggish, they aren't thinking of those behind them, just taking loads and loads of food - always taking. I am desperate just to get out of there. I look down and see that I am in my pajamas. So I make a last-ditch effort to get out. I pull out the muffins from my office that have been there a week and take them to the back. They are being scarfed up so fast. I make a run for it, but not before I turn around and tell everyone they are all pigs.
Back at college, another semester, but I am married and have children, but have left them at home. Now is my time, I have escaped and even though I don't care about my degree, I'm enjoying this feeling of freedom once again. I run into the girl from Growing Pains. We become instant friends, I call her Deeney. Deeney needs a job, but she and I haven't been hired for anything on campus yet. I apply us both for food service even though I had already done that in college and hated it. I figured we'd at least need something, even though for some reason my parents were paying for my college and of course her parents were paying for hers. We get called for an interview, stand in line, such a long line, so many people! It's her turn, she's forgotten shoes. They ask her basic questions but she botches it. She botches it so badly they decline to interview me.
I am peeing, but I know I'm asleep. I freak out and grab to find the toilet. After finding the coolness under my fingers, I am releived and allow myself to continue peeing.
Waking up I freak out again, I know I peed, I had to have peed. But no, I am dry. Whew!
Yay for not peeing in your bed! That's fantastic news! I'm also happy that you called everyone at church pigs. That's full of win. If you do leave home and go back to school, let me know. I may join you. I make no promises on the job front, however.
ReplyDeleteSounds good, I have lots of dreams like this, where I leave home and go back to school, sometimes I have my kids with me, other times I don't. Many times I have to get into my dorm room by crawling through a very small hole. Funny story, I was at Bouncin' Bears a couple of months ago and one of the bouncing things had a small thing you had to squeeze through and I had dream flashbacks and HATED that part...makes me feel all squished and junk.
ReplyDelete