Friday, March 11, 2011

Whispers in the Moonlight

Trying on dresses, huge dresses, not happy with any of the colors or styles. But a lady is in the dressing room next to me (more like dressing booth? We are both in these little areas that have curtains all around us) and she is about my same size but is asking for size 6 and size 7 dresses to try on. Whenever we're outside the dressing "rooms", I keep taking peeks at her, wondering how she thinks those are going to fit her. And yet they do. And she looks fabulous in them. So jealous!

In the midst of a different (very intense) dream I am approached by a lady I used to know but haven't seen in years. She told me she has had something for me for a long time but hadn't seen me. She holds out this amazingly detailed, hand-carved minature log cabin. The details astound me as I hold it in my hand and twist and turn it I stare at all the little things that make it amazing. There are tiny animals all around the outside along with other details to make it look authentic. On the front she has carved my name. And then there is a handle where you can pull open the front. Inside is a kit of sorts although I never did figure out what it was for. On the side there is a place to pull down a ladder and up top there is a loft with hay in it. I can't believe how much work she put into this work of art.

The morning light brings disappointment. I am saddened by the fact that I don't actually own the log cabin. I think I'll be searching for it for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. Waking up with a mission, like finding the cabin, is a love/hate thing...it's awesome to have the hunt to look forward to, but you feel so unfulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth! I really want that cabin!

    ReplyDelete