Houses gone - mine due to the hurricane and Annie and Mark's due to their inability to pay. But these weren't ordinary houses. No, these were tiny houses that fit on the counter. But if they hadn't lost theirs to the collectors it would have been destroyed in the storm that smashed mine. We were waiting for deliver of the new houses and yet we were in a house? Maybe? All of us seated at a long table. My whole family (parents and siblings included) and Annie and Mark and their kids. I stood up to refill my plate with just a touch more meat and more rolls of course. Well, they were more like breadsticks and I had made them. The table resembled a potluck, lots of different food. When I went to sit back down Annie was in my seat next to my husband leaving the only available seat empty next to her husband. I calmy let her know she was in my seat. But she began to insist that was her seat, she had been sitting there all along and see even my wallet was there by the other seat. And sure enough, it was. But no, I know that I had been sitting next to my husband. The fight escalated to me shouting at her "Just because you don't love your husband and want to sit by him doesn't mean I don't love my husband! We have a loving relationship that you will never understand!" She ran out of the room, down the hall and slammed the door.
Everyone stared at me like I had been out of line. Okay, I suppose I had. Time to apologize. But she wouldn't listen and suddenly we were at a restaurant. I had the baby at a different table than everyone else I knew, in fact, we were in a separate room. I realized it was Dairy Queen but we weren't going to be getting a blizzard and I was a bit sad. The baby began to look around and coo and giggle and flirt with everyone she saw. People were waving, engaging her, snapping pictures of her. She loved the attemtion. My sis was suddenly at the table with us along with a friend, Sandy. She insisted the baby was cold and shoved a too-big sweatshirt on top of her really cute clothes.
And then we were in church, along the outside rows of the church against the wall. There was a special guest speaker and people had travelled from far away to be there. The Pastor asked if there were any really important prayer requests (he only wanted the urgent ones, they were short on time). One of the visiting pastors stood up and began to introduce his church, but he was cut off. "We really only want prayer requests right now. Short on time" the Pastor abruptly reminded him. Another pastor raised his hand and said "Kentucky" indicating that perhaps he had come the farthest. Not to be outdone, I quickly threw my hand in the air and yelled "Alaska!" Everyone was impressed that I was there from so far away. Other pastors began to speculate that they knew my dad.
Sandy and my sis were still with me along with the baby. We were looking at Sandy's naming papers from when she was a girl, they were stuck in her Bible. But as we examined it we realized her mom had only filled in a few of the blanks on the first page and hadn't even gotten so far as to put her name down or some other very important information. I told her just to fill it in, no big deal, but she was distraught! We examined the page closer and realized that according to the paper all boys had to be named after their 15th grandfather above them. Strange practice, we decided.
Service was over, going out into the sloppy, muddy parking lot, I had grabbed my sister's Bible but opening it, we realized it belonged to Timothy Orr, not my sister. What were the chances of finding him in a crowd? But coming towards us was a boy, I asked his name and sure enough it was Timothy Orr!!! What a coincidence! We gave him the Bible and looked up and realized that a bus was sitting there waiting for us to get out of the middle of the parking lot! So scared, I jumped aside and began to apologize to the driver. The lady assured me I had no reason to apologize, everything was just fine.
I awoke and realized that although I had dreamed about many many medical cases, this was the dream that was still most vivid to me this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment