Thursday, January 20, 2011

Not knowing how to start

Deciding to begin a new blog is easy, especially in this technological age where you  can start a free blog anywhere. Even figuring how the blog itself will look and what to call it isn't rocket science either. Think about what you want to write about, make a clever (or not so clever as my case may be) title and there you go. But putting the words in your head down in paragraph form with hopes of others reading it is where the tricky part comes in. I sit here and can think in my head of the topic I have to write, but where to start...where to start.

 In beginning this blog I am hoping that the dreams that I have that torment me can now begin to torment others. Oh, I have fun dreams and silly dreams and recurring theme dreams, but I also have tormenting dreams. For example, two nights ago I dreamed that I had a loose tooth and that upon pulling out that loose tooth I found trash trapped inside it. It was gross and well, disturbing.

Some dreams linger in my mind while others drift away quietly, forgotten. I can describe in vivid detail a dream I had several months ago, a dream so troubling even now I don't feel right in sharing it. And yet last night's dreams are gone from memory already.

I also feel the need to share with you the fact that I sometimes get dreams and reality mixed up. An event will transpire so vividly in my dreams that several days later I will begin to talk about it as if it happened and my husband or sister will gently (or not so gently) remind me that the event in question did not take place. When this happens it is both confusing and embarassing. However, it also prompted the title of my blog. And so sometimes I will share reality here, it will be up to my readers to discern between the two.

3 comments:

  1. I love the premise of this, partly because I'm ridiculously excited to hear more about your dreams, and partly because the lines blur for me, too (and sometimes we'll even throw daydreams in with that...) Very much looking forward to more.

    Also, what kind of trash? I'm very interested in this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a wrapper of some kind like the ones around "junk food" and something black and unidentifiable, but I began to pull the huge chunks of trash out of this compartment in my teeth and even dream me realized it was gross and threw the whole thing away.
    Oh yes, daydreams...I often forget by morning whether the daydream I was having right before drifting off was a dream or rehearsing events of the previous day or just figments of my imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's insane! It's like there's an alternate dimension lying beneath your teeth! Awesome!

    Daydreams are always my downfall. I have four recurring nightmares, and while I'll occasionally remember dreaming something else, those four happen most often. Daydreams, though... They kill me. They infiltrate both real life and dream life and sometimes it's really hard to tell what's what.

    ReplyDelete