Monday, January 24, 2011

Ask First

Breaking and entering was not on my list of things to do, especially with a large group of kids, but the lady I was with insisted it would be okay. The house belonged to a client of hers who would be totally okay with us being there. I had my doubts, I didn't even know what we were looking for. But I became a follower.

We snuck in, all 8 of us, the kids began to pour glasses of milk and water and leave them on the coffee table which bothered me immensely. I tried keeping them all together, but it didn't work. Then I heard the sound - she was home! We all panicked and hid in various odd locations - not very well, but we assumed it would be good enough. The lady came in, looked around, picked up a picture frame and walked out.

Suddenly it was the next day and we were in the same person's house again, the house owner missing again. At this point the lady who had led us into this ill-advised adventure was my sister. And this time the lady came home without warning and found us sitting around her table. My sis tried to explain to her that she was just getting the mail like the lady had asked her to. The lady was amazingly nice about it all, just kept saying we just should have asked to be there. And that of course she knew we had been there the previous day because she found the milk glasses. We were very bad at breaking in.

A new locale - one of the spots on the assembly line broke down, bringing all production to an abrupt halt. I began talking to the lady to my left - we had given her a party two days previous, but she said this was her birthday and also her last day. She insisted no one should give her a party, but I was receiving pressure from others to give her a party. I didn't want to give her another party, she just had one! As they worked on the broken machine, we hugged her and said goodbye and she walked away.

These were two of my dreams from last night, nothing great or earth-shattering, but at least I didn't get arrested!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, the B&E dream! Every now and then I have one that involves breaking into my tenants' apartments. I always get caught and it's so uncomfortable!

    Can I just say, I love reading about your dreams! For one, they're amusing. For two, they remind me that I do have other dreams besides my four standard recurring nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very bad at B&E, in your dreams. You are never supposed to take kids with you!

    ReplyDelete