Friday, April 15, 2011

Wednesday's Night

I'm headed to a remote church far off the beaten path. I'm in a vehicle of sorts following my sis and bil. He's driving in front and mowing down tall grass with his vehicle in order for me to be able to drive my much smaller car through the swamp.

We finally arrive at our destination which looks more like a compound for a cult than anything. I grab my bag out of the car (because we'll be staying for a few days) and realize I didn't pack any jeans, only a jean skirt and couple of dresses and I didn't pack any jammie shirts. I was however wearing jammie pants at the moment, so at least I'd be comfy at night.

I walked in the church and the service had already begun so I hung out in the back and finally peeked my head into the small auditorium. At the back of the auditorium I realized there was a huge glass cage. Inside was a 9 ft. tall stork! I freaked and jumped back. The stork's head poked out of the top of the cage and it leered at me. I ran out in the foyer again! First off, I'm terrified of birds, hate them, despise them, can't stand them! Second off, anything giant leering at me is just scary. Reaching the foyer I head for the door, but the lady who runs the place stops me. "We tether the door shut so the stork doesn't get out. We've realized that a 9 ft. stork likes to go out but we can't let it or the cupcakes out." I look around wondering what she's talking about. Cupcakes? I see she's referring to the much smaller, but still terrifying baby storks flying around my head. I shriek and rush to the bathroom, shutting the door firmly behind me and wondering why I never knew that stork babies are called cupcakes.

I woke up Thursday morning intent on blogging this dream and looking up what baby storks are called. I did neither, however. But now I can say that baby storks are not considered cupcakes. And now I want a cupcake. I guess the chocolate cake I made will have to do.

3 comments:

  1. Cupcakes are awesome! If you didn't live 10,000 states away, I would bake you cupcakes every day!

    Birds. I had a bird when I was little. Some sort of talking parrot named Dr. Pepper. Dr. Pepper was awesome and made me happy. Then, my brother was born. My brother did not make Dr. Pepper happy, so he tried to kill my brother by taking nosedives at his tender infant head. My parents got rid of him. The bird, not my brother. I was heartbroken and convinced they made the wrong choice. Sometimes I still am.

    Anyway, yeah... Cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mad eme LOL. For real. And I think my hatred of birds started when I worked in an insurance office and there was a parrot who would tell me to shut up and would call me Melanie (who I was not!). So yeah...

    But like seriously they scare me. And they sound dangerous...and I feel bad for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, our parrot was really attached to my mom. Hence his hatred toward my brother. Your dream also made me have a dream about birds. Dreams about birds are freaky as sin.

    ReplyDelete