Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Medical Observations (from my dreams) You Won't Find Anywhere Else

1. If someone wants to jab you in the eye with a poison-filled needle, just don't let them...especially if they look like a bad guy.

2. If you do get poked in the eye with said needle and you get deathly ill, please tell your doctor before you die. Him having to find out after you die really takes the "power to get better" away from you.

3. Watching an autopsy is so not a nice experience (okay, so that one you probably already knew).

4. If someone asks you to put out your oblong arm, put out your right one. Except not in your sleep because you'll wake yourself up (although to be honest, I don't think that oblong and oblique mean in the real world what they do in my dream world.)

5. Saving someone's life based on knowledge from someone else's death is bittersweet.


And now some observations from my 5 year old son this morning: If you want to find out whose coat it is, you smell it.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Well, that shoots down my afternoon plans...

    2. Yeah, I can see the hindrance there.

    3. That's actually something I'd like to do before I die (of a poison filled needle to the eye!) True story, yo. But we all know I'm just strange.

    4. I'm curious about the dream world definitions. I also have a funny story for you regarding the word "oblong" but I'll send that in a message.

    5. I can see that.

    Your son is absolutely right! That's how we sort out all property disagreements at my house! Except coats. Me and the huzz share a coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my son is right, it was just funny, though, because growing up I'd do this all the time. People would give us bags of clothes and I'd just need to smell them and know who they were from. It always amazed my parents. And to know that I'm passing that along to my son? Proud mo moment here. *small tear in the corner of my eye*

    In my dream, oblong meant the longer arm which was always your right and oblique meant shorter. But in real life I think it has something to do with muscles? I don't know, I guess that will be my reasearch project of the day...and looking forward to your story.

    And it doesn't surprise me really that you want to see an autopsy. If I had to write about one, then I'd have to watch one. As for now, I just always close my eyes when those come on a tv show I'm watching.

    ReplyDelete