Monday, April 18, 2011

The Dumbest Thing Ever!

I got up this morning feely lousy - body aches everywhere. I decide to take a bath and then begin to tackle my day. I don't even sit down to eat breakfast, just eat standing up while cleaning around the kitchen. I'm determined to get the cake ready to go in the oven by 10. It's 9:23. Dishes in dishwasher, counters cleared and wiped, wow, it had gotten messy in there over the weekend - the time that I tend to neglect countertops and only focus on keeping the dishes up. I work hard, feel like I'm going to actually accomplish my goal. Baby needs attention, take care of her. Back to the cleaning.

Husband had taken an oven rack out of the camper so I decide to look for oven cleaner. I find some, read the directions and it says safe for self-cleaning ovens. Just spray in and leave on for 30 minutes or 2 hours and I think "Great! I can let my oven be getting clean today, too. It really does need it." Spray spray, spray spray, spray spray - CRAP!!!! I'm supposed to be cooking a cake right about now!!!!

This is my morning and this is my reality.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, hang in there! You can wipe it out in half an hour, right?

    I do hope you feel better soon! And don't forget--expectations only lead to disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, a present??? :) I still have something for you. I've been carrying it around in my purse for you for over a month now (probalby more like 2)....and yes, I should stop expecting stuff to turn out right. Blurg.

    ReplyDelete